Volunteer Co-ordinator Role
The Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival (EJBF) is Scotland’s flagship jazz and blues event, attracting audiences of 70,000 people with a distinctive, world class programme that appeals to a broad range of the public. In addition to its programme of around 150 concerts over ten days annually in late July, the Festival promotes the Edinburgh Festival Carnival, The Mardi Gras and and community projects.
Working to Producer, Fiona Alexander, tasks would include:
- Updating the volunteer handbook including roles and responsibilities
- Briefing of Festival volunteers including vetting applications, induction meetings
- Managing the shift rota for the ten days of the Festival
- Managing the volunteer party at the end of the Festival
- Evaluating the Festival
- Well-developed individual with team leadership and management skills
- Warm, engaging and inspiring personality, with good networking and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and with time management skills.
- Selfstarter who is comfortable working as part of a team
- Working hours: 120 in total: June 56 hours, July 64 hours (ending 15 July)
- Total Value of Contract £1080 (£9/hour). Freelance contract.
- Location: based in our second floor office in Leith
- It is essential that all applicants have eligibility to work in the UK.
How to apply:
To apply please email: Fiona@adjazz.co.uk outlining relevant experience, other skills, two references and tell us why you want the job. Please also send a copy of your cv and mark your email “Job Application: Volunteer Co-ordinator”
The deadline for applications is 22nd May with interviews in the following week.
You can download a pdf copy of the job description here.
We expect all employees to adhere to the Festival’s Environmental Policy