Edinburgh Festival Carnival
2pm Parade from The Mound to the West End of Princes Street
2-5pm Performances in Princes Street, Princes Street Gardens, Grassmarket
Over 700 Carnival Performers
Music, dance, costumes, circus acrobats, puppetry from all over the world including:
- Artscape: dancers from CapeTown
- Barefeet Theare: acrobats from Zambia
- KaluntuRa: drummers and dancers from Holland
- Edinburgh Samba School: colourful Samba percussion and dance group
- Gwanaval: folkloric group from Martinique
- Chinese Dragon: Edinburgh Chinese Community
- Circus from Hungary and Serbia
- Fanfare of brass and drums from Holland
- Italian marching brass band: Bandakadabra
- Brass Gumbo: New Orleans brass band from Edinburgh
- Bombrando: pipes and drums from Portugal
- Young Edinburgh based samba group: Pulse of the Place
There will be colour, costumes and exotic sound; giant puppets, drum groups and street performers of every description, making Carnival in the centre of Edinburgh.
Take part in the Carnival
Community groups; groups of friends or work colleagues; individuals – come and join us, and make the Carnival even more of a spectacle. It’s one of the most exhilarating and fun experiences you can have. We have 1000’s of costumes you could wear, we welcome dancers, drummers, and performers of all types.
We also need a team of volunteers to help with marshalling the parade, looking after our visiting groups, stages, and with marketing and promotion.
Please keep an eye on our website for more details, call 0131 467 5200, or email us
FREE - Thanks to Edinburgh City Council
Thanks also to Forth 1; Brouhaha; Greater Grassmarket; Italian Cultural Institute Edinburgh; Scotmid - Co-operative.