We’re a jazz and blues festival and we champion high quality musicians playing original music or offering thrilling shows. We are brave in our programming, constantly on the lookout for the highest quality and often give a platform to new and surprising music and shows.
EJBF follows an open artists’ submission system which helps inform our programming to allow us to offer an ever varied, adventurous and fresh programme to our audiences each year.
Priority is given to
- New and/or original work
- Concerts that will attract audiences
- Show premieres
- Artists who help us present a diverse, fully representative programme
- Smaller ensembles (up to octets)
In your submission, please include the following:
- Name of band/show title & description of the music
- EPK/Promo Assets (videos, social media, hi res photos, website, Spotify,Soundcloud, etc.)
- Line Up
- Where you/band are based. If you are not based in Scotland, please let us know of any previous Scottish concerts
- Tech Spec if you have one
- Artists/Management representative’s contacts if you have one
- Any other useful information that will allow us to get to know you/your band better
Please get in touch with us before the end of November – please note that due to the large number of applications that we receive, we will only get in touch should a concert opportunity arise.
Where to submit your application or expression of interest:
- If you/the band are based in Scotland, or you are Scottish, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you/the band are not based in Scotland, please email: email@example.com
All submissions/artists must also complete our Equality & Diversity Monitoring Form that can be found here.
Please be aware that there have been some online scams relating to festival bookings – so please note that we will NEVER ask you to pay us any money in advance.
Please note that we do NOT accept applications via Social Media or postal submissions.
Applications for 2023 Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival, will open in September 2022.